Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,491   Posts: 1,571,343   Online: 767

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

6-elements Omega lenses?

Does anybody work with the 6-elements 50mm f2.8 Omega enlarging lenses? I saw one at my local thrift store in great shape in its bubble (I inspected it), but I couldn't buy it now because the store owner hasn't set the price on it, and the clerk was only a temp. I'm looking to replace my cheapy Vivitar one, but I was wondering if it was worth the buy, even at a low price.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did it say made in XXX? One thing is it wasn't made by Omega. Like anything else it depends on how cheap. The Nikon's usually sell for less then $50. B&H still has brand new ones for $150.

It would have to be cheaper then a used Nikon for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll have to check again. I was just wondering if it was worth my 10-15 canadian bucks; I wouldn't offer much more.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am almost certain it would be worth that much. It should be a Schneider or Rodenstock. I don't think I have ever heard of a bad six element enlarging lens, however. Unless you have the six element Vivitar it should be a nice improvement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recall these being made by Rodenstock and only recall favorable comments about them. I'm certain you will see some added sparkle vs the Vivitar. Be careful about what you pay as there are endless good enlarging optics being sold on the auction site at very attractive prices.
    Craig Schroeder

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin