Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,926   Online: 1012

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nyx
    I had a dream tonight that I was buying one. I don't understand why...because I already have it (and love it like everyone else).
    If you turn up with an extra let me know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's the best timer I have ever owed. It is easy to use and very well made. It comes with comprehensive instructions and will make your life in the dark room much easer. This is the first timer I have had with a foot switch which makes burning in less of a pain. I have my safelight wired in as well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I can't imagine going back to a regular timer. I have a Gralab 9000, gralab 451, Jobo multitronic, Jobo 5000. I don't even think about using them anymore. If you do split contrast printing, you won't want anything else.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I purchased a stopclock vario for I have a V54 head on an old Bes and the improvement to my printing was immediate. I also picked up an analyzer pro and went through the calibration process for ilford MG. Currently I can make a perfect working print with a single piece of paper which saves me time and cash for big prints. The calibration process is time consuming. These things pay for themselves.
    Chris Saganich
    http://www.imagebrooklyn.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    what ever Lee said, He told me to buy it and that was the best advise I had been given in a long time. Now to get that fogging tool. what ever the name is for preexposure.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Michael,

it is called a Paper Flasher

http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/...erflasher.html

nice piece of equipment.

lee\c

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It's one of those things where yes, it costs the money, but you have to shrug and say, 'That's what quality costs'. It's like using Ilford film or a Gandolfi camera or whatever.

Cheers,

Roger (www.rogerandfrances.com)

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    It's the best timer I have ever used. Yes, it is the Cadillac of timers! With my Saunders Dichroic enlarger and Ilford's multigrade papers, I successfully established dry-down factors of -1 for RC paper and -8 for fiber paper which are astonishly easy to set on the timer!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm
    it is the Cadillac of timers!
    Nah, it's made in England so must be the Rolls-Royce of timers :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A broken record?

I had the chance to try a friend's one a few months back when he bought one. I loved it even after a single weekend and one darkroom session.

So I searched and found a second hand one that was VERY old and had a fault, so I sent it back with great regret to the dealer involved, hoping that he might decide to fix it and re-offer it for sale.

But he didn't.

So, despite the cost, I bought a brand new Analyser-pro a couple of weeks ago and the ease and consistency it has bought to my printing has totally erased the cost from my mind.

Get one, new or old, and quickly, and then you too will say "I LOVE IT" ...

Glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin