Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,683   Online: 983

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Okay, I'll risk sounding like the Hallelujah Gospel Choir, but even after only a few runs, for me it's worth every penny.

Given that the price difference between my Stopclock and the closest competition including shipping, amounted to the price of a 100 sheet pack of 8x10 Ilford paper, I'll wager I will make up for that difference in no time, just with the help of the effortless test strip function... And that's only the start.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I posted in the "Wanted" section of the Classifieds that I was looking for a used enlarging timer, but the more I read about the Stopclock Pro, the more I'm inclined to think that I would be more satisfied holding off for another month, saving my pennies and going for a new timer from RH Designs.
    I'm frustrated with trying to teach myself to be a better printer and having equipment problems. Actually, the only real problem at the moment, besides my own lack of experience, is my timer. I've just discovered the joy of split-grade printing and am already seeing an improvement in some of my prints.
    I have a feeling that no one here would disagree.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nancy... I have managed to get good results split grade printing with that beastie I offered you... the "time-o-lite"!!

I'm hoping things will improve even more with the RH designs timer I bought this summer. It may well be a good idea to pinch a few pennies, but my time-o-lite is still available!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy
    I posted in the "Wanted" section of the Classifieds that I was looking for a used enlarging timer, but the more I read about the Stopclock Pro, the more I'm inclined to think that I would be more satisfied holding off for another month, saving my pennies and going for a new timer from RH Designs.
    I'm frustrated with trying to teach myself to be a better printer and having equipment problems. Actually, the only real problem at the moment, besides my own lack of experience, is my timer. I've just discovered the joy of split-grade printing and am already seeing an improvement in some of my prints.
    I have a feeling that no one here would disagree.
    Dear Nancy,

Save the pennies and do it!

Cheers,

R. (www.rogerandfrances.com)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    After reading this thread for a few weeks, I finally ordered one a few days ago. Eagerly waiting by the door to mug the mailman when he shows up. After reading everybody's comments, I had to get one.

Gary

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin