Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,449   Online: 773

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Washing film in tubes

How important is it to wash thorougly the back side of the film?
    I develop 13X18 sheets in perspex tubes which I place in Jobo 2500 series
    Drums (the large ones) and develop by hand just like rollfilm 120.
    I wash using the ilford method X 3, more than adequate as far as the emulsion is cocerned, and then transfer the film to dishes filled with water
    for the final wash. I would be oblidged if someone with similar developing
    method would comment on that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the print drums. Most of the washing happens in the drums but I dump the film into a tray and run the water for a little while. It just feels safer and isn't a big hardship.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use a Unicolour roller drum for 4 x 5 and find that washing in a tube does not remove the Antihalation layer properly. In fact, I use a 2x recipe of hypo clear in a tray for two minutes for TMX 100. Strangely, Ilford Delta 100 requires almost 5 minutes and 10 minutes washing to get the entire layer off the obverse side. I do not know why Delta 100 does this but Kodak TMX is fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got the jobo film washer hose accessory and I attach my 2500 tanks with it to the tap and let the water run for five minutes which is supposed to be archival.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin