Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,170   Online: 1058

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Exactly. With a taking lens, the issue is one of the lubricant slowing down the action of the iris as an exposure is made. The presence of a viscous material retards the smooth and unimpeded action of both iris and shutter blades. With the enlarging lens, this is not an issue.

I am in agreement with Doug on this one. Clean off with a little lighter fluid any lubricant on the exterior that is easy to get to without dissasembling the lens. Oils can volitize over time, but unless this becomes an issue and fogs the lens elements, not to worry. A second on the Acetone. Too many lenses use plastic parts inside, or even the barrel of the lens. Acetone can render them Dali-like gooey messes.
    Cheers,

Patrick

When you come to a fork in the road, take it...

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, everyone. I think I'll complain to the seller for not revealing the condition of the lens, but I'll leave the lens alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin