Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,092   Online: 1231

Shooter
    Multi Format

minolta color enlarger II

Hello
    I am looking for information concerning the minolta color enlarger II. I would like to know if it can handle medium format films, as there is very sparce and rare information about it.
    Do someone have the manual of this enlarger?
    Any information will be welcome.

Thanks a lot

Pedro

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just did some googling:

"Minolta Color Enlarger II- Dial in DICHROIC Colorhead Diffusion type enlarger with continuous filtration for both color & BW printing. Diffusion type light source is the preferred type of enlarger by professional printing labs as it has the ability to supress dust and scratches on negatives, thereby reducing reprinting and spotting. This effectively means more productive printing sessions, saving time and paper. The built-in adjustable color head enables precise filter correction for color printing, and entirely eliminates the need for contrast filters in 'black & white' printing and a greater range of filtration is possible than with filters. The enlarger will accommodate 110/16mm, 35mm, 6x 4.5, 6x6, 6x7 film formats. Maximum print size is 16x20 [on the baseboard]." Manuals can be had at http://www.craigcamera.com/. I hope this helps.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    I was inquring the info about this enlarger a little while ago. I didn't get to have one, but there's the thread I ran:

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...nolta+enlarger

I think it can handle 6x7 at the most, but the neg carriers (especially the glass carriers) are hard to find. Also, about the light bulb, be sure you know where you can buy it. If you're in the U.S., there's a big chance for that. If not, you have to get it from somewhere.

You're right that it's (or becoming) a rare piece of equipment now. But you can still find some people who have used it before.

Good luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    I happen to have a review of the Minolta color enlarger II in one of my old Darkroom Photography issues. I can scan and email it to you if you like, although it's not good as an instruction.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran
    I happen to have a review of the Minolta color enlarger II in one of my old Darkroom Photography issues. I can scan and email it to you if you like, although it's not good as an instruction.
    Hello
    First: Thank you very much for all the comments.
    Second: I really appreciate that you could send me the scan of the review.

Thank you very much again

Best regards,

Pedro Alves

Shooter
    35mm
    I tried to PM you with attachment but could not. I would need an email address from you to send you the scan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran
    I tried to PM you with attachment but could not. I would need an email address from you to send you the scan.
    Hello
    Send it to alvespms " at " hotmail.com

thanks a lot

Pedro

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin