Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,204   Online: 843

Shooter
    Medium Format

How do I donate/ship my Omega 5X7 Enlarger?

I have an Omega 5X7 E5 enlarger I no longer use or need. I have replaced it with a Durst 138. I would like to see the Omega go to a home and get used. I have checked to see if any local schools would be interested. There are none. I live in Jupiter, Florida and could not find any interested schools.

My question is: If I were to find someone not local, interested, can this enlarger be taken apart and shipped? If so, how difficult is it to disassemble? This is a complete enlarger with diffuser head and a Schneider Componon 180° lens. If I detach the post from the base board would it be hard for the recipient to re-align? I assume the head, glass negative carrier and lens would have to be packed carefully. I do have the manual but it does not give any info on disassembling.

Inayat-Noor

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    since i hate replies that start with i don't /haven't used, etc. this....... but do this

I am not familar with that specific enlarger; however, we have shipped various others and the big weight issue is the base board.. Removing it should not be a problem nor putting it back on.

You might check classic enlargers for specifics of disassembling.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hey there

i have an e4, and when i bought it the head and base were removed from the body of the enlarger. it was easy to assemble/dissasseble. the e5 head can probably easily be packed in a box with packing &C the baseboard and body are just as easily packed away. (if you can't find someone local) one suggestion i might make is not to dissassemble to much, pack it in a big crate and when you find someone to ship it to, send it the belly / cargo of a bus. buslines like greyhound, bonanza &C will gladly transport big bulky items ( like an enlarger ) and from what i have been told it is a pretty good way to send items like this ...

good luck!

john
    Last edited by jnanian; 08-10-2006 at 09:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Images
    Instead of shipping call the local community college and ask if they have a darkroom. Donate it to them. I am sure there are folks with trucks who could pick it up.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    I would like to have it. Could drive to your place and pick it up. (bmitch@comcast.net)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have found DHL Ground to be the least expensive way to ship large, heavy items.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a college student who could use it
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    I'm a college student who could use it
    Jeremy-

you seem to get all the freebies. Turn off the charm and let someone else land a neat toy like that! Besides, I thought you were all about contact printing these days!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    Jeremy-

you seem to get all the freebies. Turn off the charm and let someone else land a neat toy like that! Besides, I thought you were all about contact printing these days!
    What freebies? I actually had to pass on the camera Jim offered up as I couldn't get down to San Antonio with a truck to pick it up

Yep, I am all about the contact printing lately, but I've been having an itch to enlarge my 3x4 Graflex shots....
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey, if you still have it, I'll pay to get it shipped here!

I'm a high school student with a fairly basic darkroom, and it'd be nice to enlarge my medium format and large formats at home instead of $10 a pop.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin