Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,542   Online: 859

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Flange for 210mm 5.6 Schneider Componon

I got a really great deal on a 210mm 5.6 Schneider Componon, with one catch, the flange was missing. This is an older lens I would guess '60s vintage (not the Componon-s), with a 60mm mount. I have spoken with S.K Grimes and they are the easiest option but also a pretty expensive option (it could end up costing anywhere between $45-$75). I also called Schneider and they don't have any record of this lens(which is weird to me) so they are useless. So does anyone here have any ideas?
    Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear oper33,

Search for sources that will repair large format lenses (there should be plenty of threads in the Large Format Photography forum) to see if they have one to sell you. This source seems to get good play there: http://www.flutotscamerarepair.com/

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Oper33,

If you are in the US, the mounting flange may be available from Schneider/Century Precision:

Schneider Optics, Inc.
    Service Department
    7701 Haskell Avenue
    Van Nuys, CA 91406
    Attn: John Sioringas
    Phone: 800-228-1254
    Fax: 818-505-9865

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin