Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,468   Posts: 1,570,827   Online: 1079

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Saunders 4500 series enlarger lensboards - 42mm ??

Hi,

I have a nice Componon-S 135mm enlarging lens that has a 42mm thread.

I am trying to mount this on a Saunders recent model 4500 series enlarger lens board mount.

Unfortunately, Saunders doesn't seem to make a lens board with this thread- only a 39mm, 50mm, or 52mm.

Do you know if there is a 42mm ring that would adapt this lens to a 50mm lens board, or 52mm lensboard, or know of any other options?

I hate to lose the use of my nice Componon-S lens!

Thanks for any response, even a negative one, so I can end my quest,

Thanks,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doesn't seem to be standard filter adapter ring sizes either. Perhaps you can try contacting S.K. Grimes (an APUG sponsor) about making one? No idea of cost.

Good luck.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Worse case scenario is I'll take a 39mm holder to a machinist, and have him bore it out to just over 42mm, and hold it in place w/ a retaining ring... Just hoping to avoid this if possible. I emailed Schneider, to see if they might have an adapter of some sort (you think they would), but haven't heard back from em'.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin