Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,012   Online: 1047

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Beseler Enlarger 45mxt filter support

Greetings to the group from a first time poster!

The enlarger that I received lacked the filter support (beseler part nbr 680-86-04).

Do I need this piece in order to use 6x6 filters?

This may be a glass part, I am not sure.

My problem is that the 6x6 filters appear to be too small to totally filter the light. In other words, a gap between the filter and the curved part allows light to get through unfiltered. Of course, this is after carefully cutting the filter.

Thanks in advance.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it's like my Beseler the filter support isn't anything fancy. Just something to keep the filter from falling down the hole. Beseler told me to ignore it when I tried to order one. Of course with the big filters mine uses they really would fall down the hole. I had a glass shop cut me a piece of glass big enough. It holds the filter and I guess adds a little extra heat protection to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When i use filters for one of my beseler enlargers, (it dosn't have a filter holder) so i just hold the filter directly up to the lens, and that works great. (im not contact printing)

nlochner
    Where is the art in digital photography?..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin