Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,076   Online: 788

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you are having a problem finding a 4x5 enlarger you might broaden your search to include mirofiche or microfilm readers.

Lots of newspapers used to archived multiple pages on 4x5 film. The reader was in fact an omega DII enlarger. Look for newspapers and libraries selling of old microfilm or microfiche equipment.

I have been using such a device for two years now. I bought lens cones, lenses and negative holders on ebay. I bought the baseboard hardware from an outfit in Winnipeg that specializes in Omega hardware.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks All....here's the latest.

Jim, it took me a couple of days of playing before I decided to try an alternative to the Tessar. I was able to pick up a used Rogonar S 135mm and (holy smokes!!) those scratches are sharp from side-to-side and up-n-down!! I wound up doing a grid pattern in the emulsion of an already scratched neg. Wow....the difference is day and night in resolution & brightness (I thought f4.5 would be f4.5).

The construction pain is over. I need to do a post-build cleaning of everything then don't count on reading me here...I'll be burning up paper!!

The talk of inexpensive enlarger lenses is TRUE! The as-new Rogonar set me back $27 delivered. Well worth it judging from the horrible results I got from the Tessar in comparison! Thanks everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Btw I can give a big thumbs up for greyhoundman's designs, his 6x9+ homemade enlarger has proved to be a full success and a great way to cut my teeth on wet printing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin