Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,230   Online: 882

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    D*mn - I just threw mine away!

It refused to stay focused, so I had to remember to adjust it before I used it. Every time. In the end I decided that I should try the built-in focussing aid (split line) in the neg carrier - both of my enlargers have them - and found I got better, sharper prints that way.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like Mick, I have the el-cheapo patterson and it's great.

Note that I also have a split line auto-focus thingy on my enlarger neg tray but when I compare it against the focus scope there is a clear difference in favour of the focus scope. Apart from my RH analyser it's the most appreciated thing in the darkroom to make my life easier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

So, can you check/calibrate the Magna Sight?

I haven't used one yet, but picked up a second-hand unit to help with alignment of my 2D with carrier & cold light back. Is calibration necessary?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I use the Kaiser Focuscop and as it can be used with both eyes open like a mini slide viewer, it is so precise and easy to use.

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...ification.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    got hand of one today, and did some tests... 9 out of 10 focused by eye, is not "correct"... Seems like it was wise getting one...

Cool thing is, thou: After getting a great deal on a Paterson major focusfinder, i get an email from a guy who has another. Think i'll be keeping both, the manual (yep, i read them..) for the paterson states that its suited for 3 1/2 enlargements and up.... Got hand of a 70x70cm tray today, so it might come in handy...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Has anyone heard of a binocular grain focuser?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin