Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,965   Online: 814

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Enlarger?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    but how does that add up to 14? The frame including the border is 60mm. Twice that is 120mm. Even if you add 10 mm each side of border it's not image area. Won't matter if it's fuzzy etc.

I just don't see how you need 14 total. I'd argue if the image area is really 55mm you need 55m twice plus the gap between the two frames. Around 115mm total I bet.

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    but how does that add up to 14? The frame including the border is 60mm. Twice that is 120mm. Even if you add 10 mm each side of border it's not image area. Won't matter if it's fuzzy etc.

I just don't see how you need 14 total. I'd argue if the image area is really 55mm you need 55m twice plus the gap between the two frames. Around 115mm total I bet.
    Perhaps my calculations are wrong? Or maybe I should have put 14 cm.
    Each frame is 6cm after all, right?
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    35mm
    Can you print the 2 frames closer together so that the total length is about 12.5cm or so? I think a 4x5 enlarger would do a 6x12.5 OK without vignetting.
    Actually the diagonal of the 4x5 is 16.3 cm and the 6x14cm is 15.2 so I think even at 6x14 a 4x5 enlarger would work just fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You ought to be ok with a 4x5 enlarger without having to go for the 5x7. As for which one, I suggest "the one that you can get your hands on". I have two Beselers, a 23C and a 45MXT, and both are fine machines; I've used Omegas before that were also perfectly acceptable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin