Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,874   Online: 1069

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I also use a wooden stick,shaped a bit like a musician's tuning fork, and about 3 feet long. The wide end has a tapered slot so you can slide it over the focus knob until it fits tight. Gaffer tape wrapped round the stick at the base of the slot stops it splitting. I use it for doing 20 x24 inch enlargements and it works perfectly; and cost next to nothing.
    To cut out the tapered slot, first drill a hole at its base smaller in diameter than the focus knob. Then make two saw cuts down to the hole.
    Alan Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another technique I've heard of but never used is a bicycle inner tube.
    Loop the tube around the focusing knob and use it as a belt to turn it. Don't know whether it works, but if you have an old tube around the house, it's worth a go.

I had a flexible drive thingy for my Meopta Opemus 6 enlarger. I did find that sometimes it was easy to knock it and consequently have to refocus the image. I gave up on it in the end.
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin