Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,855   Online: 800

Shooter
    Multi Format

NEW COLDLIGHT HEAD

Here's some pre-Photokina news from Heiland (makers of the high-precision densitomers and the Split-Grade printing system) that they will be coming out with a new LED cold-light source —available in various formats for nearly every make of enlarger. It'll use 3 color LED´s (red, green and blue). The light source will emit cold light for enlarging negative formats up to 8 x 10 inch on Multigrade papers.

Heiland will be sharing a stand with the B&W chemical company, Moersch (fantastic paper developers for lith effects in various colors), and enlarger manufacturer, Kienzle.

It's not widely known that Wolfgang Moersch —thought by some to be the inspiration for Xtol— is considered to be one of the best printers in Germany. He has been chosen to make prints from Karl Blossfeldt's original glass plate negatives.

Kienzle is a company that should be better known, too. They make what are arguably some of the finest enlargers on earth. A bit "funky '70's" in design, but truly Rolls-Royce / hand-made quality.

Anyway, that's all the news that fit to print. You (perhaps!) saw it here first! More news when I return from Photokina ... but I'm already happy that there are still some manufacturers braving the digital tide. Hope some of us can find it in our hearts and pocketbooks to support them!

Cheers,

Christopher

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Christopher...any hints on features, or prices?

Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you're interested for some cold light prices from the split grade:

SPL-CL2: (till 6X9cm medium format enlargers) Controller, probe, feedswitch and cable with the CL and adapter: Eur. 1643,00

SPL-CL3: (4X5" enlargers): Eur. 1963,00

That's our Dutch price for the time being.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    Hi Christopher...any hints on features, or prices?

Murray
    Murray,

I didn't have a chance to speak very long with Jürgen Heiland at Photokina 2006, nor grab a brochure on his new cold-light head. I did see it briefly (looks good).

Here's a direct email address: heielec@t-online.de

Ask him yourself and tell him I sent you!

Best,

Christopher

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin