Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,728   Online: 1149

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

How to remove lenses from lens board?

I recently moved my Omega D5 (I think) enlarger into my darkroom with the expectation of moving up to 4x5 soon. As I was cleaning off the lenses and turret I gently tried to remove the lens from the turret mounting board, but was unsuccessful.

Is it possible to remove lenses off the mounting boards or are they essentially a permanent fixture once attached?

In the past I tried removing one of the lenses, but broke the aperture ring in the process.

Regards,
    Martin

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    they should come off, you may need a filter wrench to use on the jam nut.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As Ann stated above, it is best to remove the lens by way of removing the retaining ring rather than twisting the lens itself. I once had an enlarger with a fixed lens stage where the lenses screwed directly into it, but generaly speaking, lenses mount on a board or some type by way of a retaining ring.

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My MF enlarger lens board has a screwmount and a retaining ring
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the lenses another look, but still have no idea what a jam nut or filter wrench is... Sorry, but at least I'm attempting to learn

Anyone care to explain more?

Thanks,
    Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The nut will be on the back of the lensboard. So this assumes the lensboard comes off. I've no idea what happens with the turret. All of my enlargers are setup with threaded lensboards. That lets me just unscrew the lens without using a jam nut.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    In theory it should just unscrew (I've got some threaded lens boards).

In practice, there are some b*st*rd "previous ovners" who have superglued the lens to the lens board. If that's what has happened, try removing all the lens elements and baking the rest in a medium hot (180°C) oven for half an hour.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    I spy no nut

I took a close look but found nothing that screw into the lens board to hold the lens. The only nut/screw I found was on the lens for the aperture ring.

-Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I got the 80mm off the board. I see how it was fitted with a nut now, and was able to loosen it and unscrew it. Although the 150mm seems to be attached in a different way. I'm not too concerned about getting the 150mm off at the moment, and think its best I leave it alone as long as it works well.

Thanks for the help.

-Martin

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    a jam nut is a thin black ring that the lens screws into, if the lens board is not threaded
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin