Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,148   Online: 890

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm in the same boat as Brian. I got one local pickup only on the cheap, but it won't fit in my darkroom/bathroom without trouble.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know that feeling, I have 2 (yes 2) 8x10 enlargers, and sadly, won't have space to set them up for another few months, fortunately, I can just squeeze a 5x7 Elwood into the bedroom, then off to the bathroom to process, inconvenient as hell, but workable.

erie

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    My local paper has a Beseler 4x5 enlarger for sale (as well as the whole darkroom). I've worked with the motorized 4x5 version before but I *THINK* this one he's selling is the older one (just a guess from the price). Anyway, he's out of town and emailing me next week for the details.

Just wanted to know if the older 4x5's are crank action or motorized? Will my 23c lensboards fit these? He also said he's got a cold light as well as a color head. Does this mean it is a newer 4x5 enlarger?

And none of you look in my local rags and give the guy a ring. I want this bad boy
    The old ones have a tapered lower bellows - it is not possible to align the lens. The newer models have a square lower bellows with provision for lens alignment. A conversion kit is available (from Beseler) but it is expensive!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RJS View Post
    The old ones have a tapered lower bellows - it is not possible to align the lens. The newer models have a square lower bellows with provision for lens alignment. A conversion kit is available (from Beseler) but it is expensive!
    That's good to know. Will the lensboard with the 4 pin alignment things work?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure what you mean about the 4 pin thing but to the best of my knowledge all the 4x5 enlarger types from Beseler have used the exact same lensboards. Some have pilot lights. Some are threaded. But they all fit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about the 4 pin thing but to the best of my knowledge all the 4x5 enlarger types from Beseler have used the exact same lensboards. Some have pilot lights. Some are threaded. But they all fit.
    There is a Beseler lensboard that has a drop down openning. In between it, is some cushy material and screw pins on each side. This way, when you put it in the enlarger, you can take a torpedo level, and screw the pins independently to get your lens aligned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't know about that one. But if it fits one 4x5 enlarger it should fit them all.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    that lens board is one that can be used to level the lens. they tend to be a pain, but the board will fit on the 45
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin