Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,854   Online: 763

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Older Beseler 4x5 enlarger

My local paper has a Beseler 4x5 enlarger for sale (as well as the whole darkroom). I've worked with the motorized 4x5 version before but I *THINK* this one he's selling is the older one (just a guess from the price). Anyway, he's out of town and emailing me next week for the details.

Just wanted to know if the older 4x5's are crank action or motorized? Will my 23c lensboards fit these? He also said he's got a cold light as well as a color head. Does this mean it is a newer 4x5 enlarger?

And none of you look in my local rags and give the guy a ring. I want this bad boy

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    all of the 4x5 have a motor, even the very oldest. the question will be is it working.
    the lensboards will fit. Those heads will fit any of the 4x5 frames . The head is interchangable
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    all of the 4x5 have a motor, even the very oldest. the question will be is it working.
    the lensboards will fit. Those heads will fit any of the 4x5 frames . The head is interchangable
    wow! Great info. Thanks.
    One more, been a while (17 years to be since I put my hands on one of these), does it take filter sheets above the lens or bottom of lens filters?

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    it will bepend on which condensor head is on the frame, it might or might not, can't tell without seeing it

it may have the red filter swing arm which will allow you to use the under lens filters , or it could have a slide in version. However, the filters for that type are not easy to find.

i have 3 of these, and one is very old, the struts are forward rather than away from the baseboard, and it is still going strong.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure that's true. Mine came with a manual to add the motor. But then mine is a CB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ann/Nick. I'm really excited to see this enlarger. When I do, I'll make sure that I can plug it in at his home and make it go up and down. Perhaps I'll do an investment and see how much I can get more stuff from him (another "I'm going digital guy) and hopefully, I can pass on the deal here on Apug. He's got a Schneider 50 and a Nikon 105 as well so if I do get those, I'll make sure I'll just pass along whatever I get for them here on Apug.

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually only the newest 45V series has hand crank if it doesn't have the optional motorized elevation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 23c lensboards will fit but the negative carriers will not. The 45 carriers are much larger.

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was in a similiar situation. I found a Beseler 45M on EBay that was local pick up only.
    It was a great price so I bought it!
    My only trouble now is finding more money to build and equip the space I have set aside for the darkroom!
    No Worries! It will happen!
    Good luck with yours!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian View Post
    Good luck with yours!
    Brian
    The guy is out of town until Friday. I'm thinking of bring extra cash and seeing what else he has. Cleaning out the darkroom guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin