Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,185   Online: 1294

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a Peak 3, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by gamincurieux View Post
    I've bought a Peak scope, but without any blue filter that I could see. I only read now after the fact about the blue filter.

I'm wondering (without yet having a darkroom session to try it) if I could just put a normal camera lens Blue filter (Nikon B12 or B+W KB12, both of which I happen to have in my drawer here) over the Peak scope eyepiece to get the same effect when focusing a black & white neg????

Shooter
    35mm
    Bump...

Quote Originally Posted by gamincurieux View Post
    I've bought a Peak scope, but without any blue filter that I could see. I only read now after the fact about the blue filter.

I'm wondering (without yet having a darkroom session to try it) if I could just put a normal camera lens Blue filter (Nikon B12 or B+W KB12, both of which I happen to have in my drawer here) over the Peak scope eyepiece to get the same effect when focusing a black & white neg????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may not need the filter. It is to help your eye focus on the little box. The human eye focuses red and blue on different planes. Cutting the red may help you see the box better. Other than that it produces no effect on the rays coming from the enlarger lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ralph Lambrecht and Chris Woodhouse in "Way Beyond Monochrome" seem to find no improvement of sharpness using the bluefilter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin