Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,866   Online: 878

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While I've got this thread hijacked, is there any problem printing graded papers with the V54 lamp?

Images
    Jstraw,

No problem. It is very bright and the filters work just fine. Some papers have a spot where the filter change doesn't result in a grade change. I think mine is about between 3.5 and 4 -- no change. After that it's okay again. If I need more blue than my top filter (more contrast), I add Rosco lighting gels in varying degrees of blue. This can give adjustments of less than 1/2 grade, too.

Changing a tube is easy, altho delicate. There are little twisted copper wires that hold the tube in place. These are cut and thrown away. At the ends of the tube, you disonnect the power to the tube. Mine has pushon connectors. If you don't have these, put them on. You can buy them at auto parts stores as well as Home Depot and the like. They crimp onto the wires. Some tubes have some gook around the ends of the tubes where they go thru the ceiling of the lamp housing. It might be black and painted white. This is just picked away. Ask Aristo how or if you need to replace. It may not matter. To install, reverse the order.

And last, the heater is just plugged in before printing. Otherwise it keeps the tube at some temperature that is the optimum for light output. Pretty warm. There is a little thermostat up under the lid. For consistant printing, you will need a fancy timer/controller. Just the way it is.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel View Post
    Jstraw,

No problem. It is very bright and the filters work just fine. Some papers have a spot where the filter change doesn't result in a grade change. I think mine is about between 3.5 and 4 -- no change. After that it's okay again. If I need more blue than my top filter (more contrast), I add Rosco lighting gels in varying degrees of blue. This can give adjustments of less than 1/2 grade, too.

Changing a tube is easy, altho delicate. There are little twisted copper wires that hold the tube in place. These are cut and thrown away. At the ends of the tube, you disonnect the power to the tube. Mine has pushon connectors. If you don't have these, put them on. You can buy them at auto parts stores as well as Home Depot and the like. They crimp onto the wires. Some tubes have some gook around the ends of the tubes where they go thru the ceiling of the lamp housing. It might be black and painted white. This is just picked away. Ask Aristo how or if you need to replace. It may not matter. To install, reverse the order.

And last, the heater is just plugged in before printing. Otherwise it keeps the tube at some temperature that is the optimum for light output. Pretty warm. There is a little thermostat up under the lid. For consistant printing, you will need a fancy timer/controller. Just the way it is.
    Thanks for the information...I was curious about how the V54 lamp works with non VC papers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin