Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,097   Online: 714

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Beseler 4x5 Glass Negative Carrier

Apparently Omega makes a masking attachment for use with their 4x5 glass negative carrier, but I haven't been able to locate such a thing by Beseler. On the B&H website they recommend using masking tape to set the borders for the format one is using (not very good if one is switching back and forth from 6x7 to 4x5), so I thought I would just ask how Beseler users are doing it? Any reason why the Omega masking attachment can't be used with a Beseler glass negative carrier? Or are you cutting your own masks for the formats you use? I'm not sure that I trust my ability to get the openings exactly the right size and with clean edges, if I were to cut masks from paper. Maybe some company sells paper or plastic masks like that as an enlarger accessory?

Thanks,
    Charles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny, I was just thinking about this today and I thought to myself "myself, how am I going to do this?". I figure, I can take an unwanted contact sheet and cut around a 35mm neg that's a little bit bigger cause I usually like black borders. Then measure the rest of the space, cut it out, and stick it to the bottom of the part of the glass. I figure, I can do this with 6x6 and 6x9 formats that I have. I think it may droop a little and I think it'll get tedious. But you are right, there has to be way right?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin