Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,315   Posts: 1,536,694   Online: 940

Shooter
    Multi Format

glass plate carrier for omega?

hi all, i have to do some prints of 3.25x4.25-inch glass plates on an omega D5-type enlarger. i ask if there is a special carrier for glass plates that will serve my purpose? or if there isn't, is the best choice just using the bottom half of a regular neg. carrier of the same size?

thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seems like since you aren't trying to flatten the negative, your idea of using the bottom half of a regular carrier is a good one.

If you don't have a 3x4 negative carrier, but have 4x5 or 5x7 glass carrier, you could put your plate on top.

I did some glass plate stuff about 20 years ago (old electron microscope). I can't remember how we did the enlarging.

Matt

Mask down a 4x5 with matt board and add some strips to keep the glass plate from moving around.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin