Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,225   Online: 832

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    What a great story Ranger Bob. Now that's taking action. I've still got my scanner around for the larger negatives...after I get the hang of my focomat, I perhaps I'll be brave enough to go all the way and pick up a D2 or some other 4x5 enlarger, kissing photoshop goodbye in the process.

As a postscript on my continuing learning curve, I've now identified what appears to be a chip or some other flaw in the condenser, which puts a lovely spot in the same spot in all of my prints. I'll pull it out for a cleaning tomorrow and try again. Wish me luck!

b.
    -- Brad Shimmin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Now that I don't have a small camera, I am coveting a Leica IIIc with a 50...just for those quick trips to Vegas.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well done Brad. I hope you stay with it ! I have started up again after a 2year lay-off because of hip replacements and it is amazing how quickly the addiction to b&w reasserts itself.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doesn't look like you lost anything after 17 years. Those images look great and I imagine the prints are even better.

Awhile back I got past the whole digital vs. traditional debate. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. What it comes down to is which process brings the most enjoyment in achieving the final result. For myself, I could probably make excellent prints in a more simplified way through digital means, but it always seems like drudgery sitting in front of a computer instead of being in the darkroom.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I rather envious!
    I am attempting to gather up the necessary items and build a darkroom of my own.
    One day I will be making a post like this of my own.
    Keep at it!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,
    Very nice image. I have just now been able to resume film processing after 8 years per my
    MD, provided I only use my Jobo processor and don't have open trays. So, I am developing film and scanning the negs. I am using TMY and Delta 400 in 120 for the time being. Here is an image I developed and scanned a few days ago.

Dave Belew
    http://ntweb.mcn.org/dbelew/
    Corel Ctech and Paint shop
    Pro beta tester

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Belew View Post
    Hi,
    Very nice image. I have just now been able to resume film processing after 8 years per my MD, provided I only use my Jobo processor and don't have open trays. So, I am developing film and scanning the negs. I am using TMY and Delta 400 in 120 for the time being.
    Dave:

The Jobo tubes, or even Beseler or Unicolour tubes, do a great job on prints as well.

You lose the benefit of seeing the image appearing in the tray , but you gain the benefit of doing all the "wet" part of the process in the light and with an open window (and in my case, I have a great view through the kitchen window).

The prints are just as exciting (or just as disappointing, if I did them wrong) when they come out of the tubes.

If your concern is standing for long periods of time, I know I have worked in darkrooms using chairs or stools.

Just some suggestions that might help you continue the fun.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Matt,
    I was a Jobo/Ilford/Kodak beta tester for several years and also had a custom (pro-mainly fashion photographers) lab for nearly 20 years before retiring. The exposure to the various chemical processes caused the deteriation of the skin on my hands to the point that nearly anything I touched would peel the skin on my hands, even though I normally wore rubber gloves at the end.

So now I can develop film, scan and print (shudder) with an ink jet Epson 1270. I sold all my Chromega D5 XL's several years ago, plus my 8 x 10 Elwood. I did keep one of my
    Jobo CPP2's and finally fired it up a week ago. MD will monitor me periodically to see how I am doing to make sure I am OK.

Yes, I do have and use a swivel chair--my darkroom is now also my computer room.
    Dave Belew
    http://ntweb.mcn.org/dbelew/
    Corel Ctech and Paint shop
    Pro beta tester

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This evening I had a conversationwith my wife (2nd marriage for both of us, 4 years ago) about how much I miss the darkroom. She just didn't realize what it meant to me as I haven't had it since we've been married. So I can really appreciate the pleasure you guys are getting out of this.

BTW, Brad, I really like the stuff you're posting on flickr.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin