Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,464   Posts: 1,570,662   Online: 790

Shooter
    Medium Format

Lens for 6x7 Enlarger

Can anyone tell me what lens size would be needed for enlarging a 6x7 negative? Also, will that lens be ok for enlarging 35mm, 6x6 and 645? I want to start enlarging but don't want to spend a FORTUNE on too many lenses if possible.

Thanks for the help.

Images
    Good Evening, Sohara,

Some, but not all, 80mm enlarging lenses will cover 6 x 7, but usually just barely. 90mm is preferable, but there aren't as many 90mm lenses around as one would like. Anything longer will work fine, but the longer the lens the more limited the enlargement size. 75-80mm is the "normal" focal length for 6 x 6, but, again, it will limit your enlargement size with 35mm.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How big could you go in 35mm with that lens?

Images
    Good Evening Again, Sohara,

With a 90mm?? I don't know how much extension that particular enlarger gives, so I'm just guessing. I imagine the most you could manage from 35mm would be an 8 x 10, but the limit may be smaller.

Konical

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sohara70 View Post
    How big could you go in 35mm with that lens?
    It depends on the height of your enlarger's column.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Medium Format

8x10

8x10 for 35mm seems very reasonable. Maybe one lens will work. I think I will become a subscriber to apug - everyone has been great in the forums.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You don't need to spend a fortune. You can get two top enlarger lenses (a 50 and a 90) for around $50. Check out ebay.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin