Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,516   Online: 1123

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have used a Gralab 451, Gralab 9000, Gralab 300, Time-O-Lite, Jobo Multi-something, and a Jobo 5000. For color printing, The Jobo 5000 is by far the best (and most expensive). For black and white printing, especially split contrast printing which you will inevitably want to try, the RH Designs Stop Clock Pro is be far the best. It is one piece of darkroom gear that I would not want to change. Well worth the money. I would but the cheaper LPL until you get comfortable printing, and the get the RH Designs.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    I have used a Gralab 451, Gralab 9000, Gralab 300, Time-O-Lite, Jobo Multi-something, and a Jobo 5000. For color printing, The Jobo 5000 is by far the best (and most expensive). For black and white printing, especially split contrast printing which you will inevitably want to try, the RH Designs Stop Clock Pro is be far the best. It is one piece of darkroom gear that I would not want to change. Well worth the money. I would but the cheaper LPL until you get comfortable printing, and the get the RH Designs.
    Yes...if and when I've gotten the hang of BW Printing and have the finances for it, I'll go for the Stop Clock Pro.

Thanks,
    Annie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by retrocam View Post
    Yes...if and when I've gotten the hang of BW Printing and have the finances for it, I'll go for the Stop Clock Pro.

Thanks,
    Annie
    Annie, dare I suggest that the StopClock Pro might help you get the hang of BW printing more easily and quickly?
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One problem I've found with my metronome is keeping track of the count with that slow Forte Polywarmtone. Maybe I'm getting too old. I use a Zone VI model that hooks to my cold light sensor and adjusts the timing as light intersity varies. A good timer feature is ability to generate an audio beat to use when burning and dodging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin