Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,636   Online: 1131

Shooter
    Multi Format

Newbee to DeVere 302 cold light enlarger

I have acquired a De Vere 302 cold cathode enlarger and would appreciate any advice re its use.
    I have been using a LPL 6600 diffusion enlarger with a colour head and dialing in filtration. I use M/F but normally print on multigrade paper usually without filtration, if different contrast is required then are Ilford multigrade filters useable - by placing over negative? Any tips would be welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford's below the lens filter set would be far better.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Ilford's below the lens filter set would be far better.

Ian
    Thanks Ian. But would this affect the image quality?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ilford filters are high quality, and designed to be used this way so no they won't affect the quality. After all similat filters are used on camera lenses.

Make sure you get the Ilford Multigrade below the lens filters these are mounted in holders.

Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjonho View Post
    Thanks Ian. But would this affect the image quality?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Ilford filters are high quality, and designed to be used this way so no they won't affect the quality. After all similat filters are used on camera lenses.

Make sure you get the Ilford Multigrade below the lens filters these are mounted in holders.

Ian
    Thanks again Ian. I will try to get a set, they come up at time to time on e-bay.
    Is there anything else I need to know about cold light? I use Adox polywarmtone papers?
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, I have used Forte Polywarmtone paper (Adox don't make anything its all rebadged) with a De Vere 5x4 Cold cathode head and the below lens Ilford filters and the resuls are superb.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jonjonho View Post
    Thanks again Ian. I will try to get a set, they come up at time to time on e-bay.
    Is there anything else I need to know about cold light? I use Adox polywarmtone papers?
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John, I have used Forte Polywarmtone paper (Adox don't make anything its all rebadged) with a De Vere 5x4 Cold cathode head and the below lens Ilford filters and the resuls are superb.

Ian
    I have tried a few prints without a filter and results show promising. I think polywarmtone is supposed to be g2 without filter but not sure if this is so. The prints so far may need a little more contrast.
    I will definitely try the under lens filters.
    Thanks.
    John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin