Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,213   Online: 1185

Shooter
    Medium Format

Enlarger lens for 6x6 negatives

Hello,
    Usually I use Minolta Rokkor -X 80mm/f4 or Apo-Rodagon N 90mm f/4 to print 6x4.5 negatives with very good results. Enlarger - Rolei 6x7XL (Omega 670XLS). Recently I got a new camera that makes 6x6 negatives (Rollei FW). Last night I printed some of my first shots. Unexpectedly I got prints with very light corners (all 4 corners). The problem is not in the camera. I scanned the negatives and the scans were fine.
    Could it be the lens or enlarger? I thought that 90mm lens should be adequate for 6x6 negs. Do you think that 105 or 135mm lenses will do a better job?
    Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 90mm should definetly be fine. No idea about the Rokkor but it's likely fine to. Was the enlarger set up right?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, it was.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nick,
    Sorry you were correct. I messed up the enlarger. I double checked it and realized that I forgot to remove the 3rd condenser lens after I had printed 35mm film a week ago.
    Thanks!
    Stan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Stan,

For what it's worth, I use my 80mm lens for 6x6cm negatives, and my 105mm lens for 6x9cm negatives. I've had no problems with this setup on my Besseler 23CII.

Rich

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin