Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,020   Online: 841

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Spotting question?

I did an informal portrait shoot with a good friend of mine. She is very beautiful and was a great model. I shot with a Mamiya 645 and the 145mm SF lens, Plus x developed in Pyrocat HD 1:1:100 Minimal agitation. On some of my negs I noticed these dark thread like lines. What could cause this? Could it be improper agitation. I used a presoak of 5 minutes and was very careful of time and temp. the print is on Forte Polygrade V developed in Amidol. Any ideas would help. I'm trying to spot the print but I am having trouble with the light tones in her arm. Should I spot the neg with red and then re-print and then spot? Any help would be appreciated

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 07-16-2007 at 09:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Static?

Perhaps it was caused by static electricity; I've had the problem with 35 mm, but never with 120.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lamda View Post
    Perhaps it was caused by static electricity; I've had the problem with 35 mm, but never with 120.
    I guess that is one possibility. i also have some other negs in which the poses are great but the negs have what looks like drip marks on the faces of my friend and her children. Is there a way to use spotone to take care of this?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin