Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,056   Online: 1043

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Just how big is a Durst 138?

Sometimes it is possible to buy Durst 138 enlargers quite cheap here. Does anyone have the dimensions? (I don't have the largest of dark rooms...) And also, would it be possible to cut down the pillar, if needed? It would be ok to cut a bit in the ceiling of my basement. But I suppose I wouldn't be so popular if it had to come up through the floor.

/matti

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's only about 205cm high, should fit in most rooms. The "footprint" is about 70x70cm.

I wouldn't cut the column, but it's easy to do coarse focus raising and lowering the table, and only fine focus with the head. That way it doesn't need the full maximim height!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ole. Grejt! It's only a couple of mm:s too long then :-) And the foot print won't be too much more than my Durst M80. I just won't be able to store any of my wifes flower pots under it.

/matti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    Hi Ole. Grejt! It's only a couple of mm:s too long then :-) And the foot print won't be too much more than my Durst M80. I just won't be able to store any of my wifes flower pots under it.

/matti
    Hi Matti,

Just make sure you can get in through the basement door.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh! That door is pretty narrow, actually. But I suppose things can be taken apart?
    /matti

Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Just make sure you can get in through the basement door.

Rich

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    I just went up and had a look, and as mine stands now it's quite exactly 193cm high (as am I). No, flower pots won't fit under the table. Unless they're small - there's a full set of condensors and 15kg sodium thiosulfate under mine
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! No problem, then.
    /matti

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    I just went up and had a look, and as mine stands now it's quite exactly 193cm high (as am I). No, flower pots won't fit under the table. Unless they're small - there's a full set of condensors and 15kg sodium thiosulfate under mine

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I took my Durst 138 apart the head came off and the column came apart into two pieces and the board came off. I was able to transport it about 300 miles like that then I put it back together and use it today.

lee\c

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    I took my Durst 138 apart the head came off and the column came apart into two pieces and the board came off. I was able to transport it about 300 miles like that then I put it back together and use it today.
    I didn't find out how to take it apart until after I'd finished carrying it up the stairs to the first floor darkroom...
    Norway

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Take a look at a Durst 184 (ten feet tall) and the 138S will seem light, compact and desirable. It is all a matter of perspective. By the way a Durst 45EM is the same machine by a different marketing name if you should see one of those for sale. I drove two 138Ss four hours back from Detroit to Cleveland in the back of a Toyota Highlander SUV if that helps gauge size.

John Powers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin