Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,070   Online: 946

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Durst foccusing problem

Hi everybody,

recently I bought a very good Durst ac 707 autocolor and managed tot make some very good prints with it. My darkroom experience is 2 weeks so what I think is good you think can be much better, but I'm trying my best. But here is my problem. The lens I use is a nice Rodenstock rodagon f5.6. but to enlarge 35mm negs bigger i've got an El-Nikkor 50mm f4.0. But when I put in in the enlager I cannot turn the thing high enough to focus sharp. Do I miss someting??

hope you can help me.

thanx already

Reinder

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You probably need a recessed lens board. I'm not familiar with the 707, but my 138 needs a recessed lens board for anything shorter than 90mm.
    Last edited by Ole; 12-04-2006 at 10:26 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spellling
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mm thanks Ole, maybe that's it. but where to buy and is it expensive?

Kind regards,

Reinder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What focal length is the rodagon f5.6? Used Durst lensboards aren't too bad but lenses are even cheaper today . If the Rodagon is longer then 80mm and I guess it is I think I'd consider an 80mm instead of the recessed board. Then keep an eye open for a used recessed board.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reider,
    I too own an AC707 (mine's the B&W version). You do indeed need a recessed lens board. The part you need is a Durst Siriotub. Shouldn't think they'd be too expensive though. Blights.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanx

Blighty, Nick and Ole thank you very much for your help, I'm now buying a siriotub and it is very cheap (10 euro) so that won't break the bank.
    Apug rules.

good night.

Reinder

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin