Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,692   Online: 925

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    It isn't a bad idea to learn how to spot prints either.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a small deioniser in my darkroom which helps keep dust at bay, as well as a secondhand air filter (the unit's secondhand, but the filters aren't ) I also use a pro-co double-sided carbon fibre brush to clean my negs before they go into the carrier. I rarely have problems.

That's it! I'm now cursed...
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    35mm RF
    As a user of glass carriers, my dust problems are tripled. As mentioned above, keep everything clean. I wipe down the glass plates with Windex before a printing session, and I run the film through my Kinetronics cleaner before placing it in the carrier. Finish it off with a blast of air from a blower.

The magic tape trick works wonderfully when you just have a speck of dust settle. However, you must be careful to use a clean tape every time. It's not so much the redeposition of dust, but oils from your fingers.

My spotting is cut down significantly, but not entirely. If I'm lucky, the dust spot will be in an area that camouflages it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a battery operated vacume cleaner, it was made to clean keyboards in the 90s. I have seen any in a while but someone must make them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin