Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,999   Online: 695

Shooter
    35mm Pan

philips pcs 2000

Hi all
    I was wondering if anyone her uses a PHILIPS PCS 2000 enlager in there darkroom, if so i would like to hear from you and exchance info and knowhow.
    ANDERS FROM DENMARK

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't have a PCS2000, but I do have (and use) a Philips PCS130 with PCS150 control unit. The PCS2000 is a diffusion enlarger and the PCS130 is a condenser model, but the PCS2000 and PCS150 both use the "Tri-One" additive color system.

Incidentally, there's a Yahoo! Tri-One group. It's pretty low-traffic, but it's got PDFs of manuals, links to suppliers of bulbs, and other useful resources.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used a philips pcs 2000 for years. At the moment, mine is lent out to a friend. It's a nice enlarger. I used to split print BW with it. First, I'd look at the contact sheet and decide if the print needed more or less contrast. If more, then I'd start with the blue bulb on maximum and the other two off. (If less, I'd start with the green bulb on maximum.) I'd then make a test strip with 3 second steps. I'd then find the step with the lower print values that way I'd like them. Next, I'd expose for that many 3 second bursts. Next, I'd dial the blue lamp off and dial the green light to maximum. Then I'd do a test strip with three second burst on the paper already exposed to the proper blue exposure. Find the step with prints that hightlights the way you'd like them. Then make a full sized print using the appropriate 3 step burst of blue and green light. Lets say you need 5 three second burst of blue light, and 4 three second bursts of green light. Turn both green and blue lights to max. Give 4 bursts. Turn green light off and give one more burst. You should now of a straight print of the right contrast. You can then fine tune and add dodging and burning to the image to get what you want. There are certainly other ways to go about it, but this worked well for me with this enlarger.

Be very careful about negative stage alignment. Mine would shift when I tightned down the column locking knob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin