Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,466   Posts: 1,570,719   Online: 1024

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format

AZO Enlarging

It MAY be possible to do azo enlarging with led's. Led's are made by Cree research here in Raleigh, and they put us onto a lamp manufacturer that I have some response from. The plan was to see if led's would work and cheaper than the head M&P were handling for $1900.00.

I have not had time to work on this, hopefully by spring we will know the possibilities.

I will post when I actually know something. Right now it is embryonic.

Shooter
    Medium Format

azon enlarging

Michael told me the lamps in his uv head were 4 each 30 watt, if that helps.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The website for the light source is www.azolighthead.com .
    The reason you have to use nikkor lens are they are set up for color separation printing and you need to allow UV light to pass through the lens.
    Next when you use T-max films for any UV sensitive processes, T-Max absorbs UV light. T-max 100 absorb even more. So try using efke, Tri-x, FP-4.
    I have 2000 sheets of G2 and G3 in 8x10 and feel using it on some of my 2 1/4 negs could improve on the quality. As soon as J and C restocks I would like to try contact printing with foma on my 8x20 negs. and using this light. They say it is a slower paper and takes on some of the qualities of Azo. we will see.
    Yes I'm just waiting and hoping on the Lodima fine art paper, because that will excellerate the quality of my 8x20's.
    This will also replace my overhead lamp and timer when doing contact prints.

Michael Andersen
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have one of these heads and I have used it for enlarging. It works as adverised on grade 2 and grade 3 Azo.

My 150mm lens is a Schneider Componion-S, and it is the only lense I have used with this light. The Schneider may not pass as much light as the Nikon, but it is fine for my needs. Normal enlarging times for an 11x14 inch print from a 4x5 negative (developed in D-76) is 20 seconds at f11. I don't know how long the exposure would be for a pyro negative.

Lately, I have been using the head a great deal, but not for Azo. I have been using it to enlarge 4x5 color transparancies onto 8x10 wet plates--ambrotypes or tin types. It works great for this application. I have a project planned involving nudes that I want to do using wet plates. I originally planned to do in-camera plates, but now I am thinking that I will shoot 4x5 slides and do the final plates in the darkroom. It gets expensive to have a model waiting around while I develop plates during a session.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin