Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,225   Online: 810

Shooter
    Multi Format

Omega D5500....No Light

Hi, I just got a D5500. After assembly I turned it on....the fan ran and the controller came to life. I noticed faint light on the baseboard. I then placed the lens board on, after that no light.

I removed the lamp and looked at it. The filament is not separated like when the bulbs burn out in my Durst M670.

I did order some new lamps.

Is there anything else which may be going on? (other than a shot lamp)

Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by THardy View Post
    Hi, I just got a D5500. After assembly I turned it on....the fan ran and the controller came to life. I noticed faint light on the baseboard. I then placed the lens board on, after that no light.
    I removed the lamp and looked at it. The filament is not separated like when the bulbs burn out in my Durst M670.
    I did order some new lamps.
    Is there anything else which may be going on? (other than a shot lamp)
    Thanks
    You've lost me here.

Are you activating the "Expose" or "White Light" button/ touch pad location?

It is easy to determine if the lamp is lit ... just slide the cover on top of tthe lamphead back.

What does the LED display on the Controller read when you turn it on?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When the expose button is pressed it counts down as if it is exposing paper. When the white light button is pressed, an error message "EEEEEEEEE" is shown on the controller.

Question: Does the lamp supposed to light when the unit is powered up?

As far as opening the door on top of the lamphead, the manual says that power to the lamp is turned off when the door is opened as a saftey issue.

The readout on the controller reads 888 888 888 888 when first turned on. Then it goes to the last setting, it will allow input for time, and amounts of cyan, magenta, and yellow. When I press FILTER the electric motors whir in the lamphouse. If I press "WHITE" it reads "EEEEE". As I said before "EXPOSE" counts down. Never do I see any light, except when I initially turned the unit on. Did the lamp just burn out?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by THardy View Post
    When the expose button is pressed it counts down as if it is exposing paper. When the white light button is pressed, an error message "EEEEEEEEE" is shown on the controller.
    The error message, "EEE.. " indicates an out-of-calibration condition (not applicable if you have the "auto-calibrating" mixing box); that one or more of the dichroic filters is not being located in its proper position; a massive circutry/ electronic component failure; a heat glass failure; or, most commonly, a burned-out- "EYA" bulb.

Question: Does the lamp supposed to light when the unit is powered up?
    No. Not until after the "8888... self-test" and "Expose" or "White" is activated.

As far as opening the door on top of the lamphead, the manual says that power to the lamp is turned off when the door is opened as a saftey issue.
    Hmm. You must have a later 'edition' of the D5500 lamphouse than the two I have. Niether of mine have any such "door open" switch.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ed, I think it's just a bulb failure. I have some new ones coming via mail.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin