Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,222   Online: 927

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, the 4-blade Dunco easels are very nice but also higher in price than a Versamask. But you have unlimited variations then in paper size.

Best regards,

Robert

(Dunco BeNeLux distributor)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Saunders 4-blade easel and I love it when it works. Mine was fairly new when it started coming apart over a year ago. I contacted Tiffen, since they are the distributors and it was still under warranty. I was told they would send the replacement parts for the section of the easel that had stripped-out threads but then got no parts. I contacted them several more times and only got excuses and apologies but never got the replacement parts I needed. On advice of a couple of APUGGERS, I've managed to jury-rig it and it's usable but it still occasionally comes apart. I know my easel is probably a fluke since most people have no problem with it but, considering how much it cost, it has been a real disappointment. My biggest gripe with the Sauders easel has been the poor customer service response from the distributor.

I also have a Ganz speed easel in 11x14 size. It's simple and easy to use but it's pretty light-duty metal. I've noticed mine will take a bend and begin to sag in the middle after using it a lot. I have to bend it back into being flat.

I still have an old Bogen two-blade easel in 11x14 size and a multi-easel with 8x10 on one side and smaller frames on the other. I bought these when I first set up a darkroom. The multi-easel is solid but lacking in any cropping ability. The Bogen blades will get out of square so I've taped them together.

Overall, I really can't recommend any of the easels I use. All of them work to a certain degree but none are entirely satisfactory.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I only say this once: Crappy support means, going out of business sooner or later :o

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Robert for the reply. The links on your site doesn't seem to work.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And finally I bought my Dunco 90/5 easel! Very expensive, so much that I have waited for years. It can wait, I thought..., too much money. It's better to spend for something else.
    What a mistake! Absolutely a very good instrument
    And then my last philosophy is to forget immediately, to remove any remors. Lately I've became a master...:rolleyes:
    Apeiron

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin