Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,226   Online: 908

Leitz V35 problem

Recently enlarging with a V35 leitz enlarger and the bulb went out. I first thought that it was a blown bulb. Tried new ones, still no light.Secondly I thought it was a blown fuse. Upon inspection of fuse, that doesn't seem to be the case. Checked the switch on the base: it was set properly. The outlet has power. Could it be a blown transformer without a blown fuse. Never happened before with this enlarger. If it is a blown transformer is the next action throwing it out? That would be a shame. Any other steps I should try?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before you throw it out, contact this company. They are basically still manufacturing and repairing the Leitz enlarger line:

http://www.kienzle-phototechnik.de/Enlarger.html

Quote Originally Posted by aligndont View Post
    Recently enlarging with a V35 leitz enlarger and the bulb went out. I first thought that it was a blown bulb. Tried new ones, still no light.Secondly I thought it was a blown fuse. Upon inspection of fuse, that doesn't seem to be the case. Checked the switch on the base: it was set properly. The outlet has power. Could it be a blown transformer without a blown fuse. Never happened before with this enlarger. If it is a blown transformer is the next action throwing it out? That would be a shame. Any other steps I should try?
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    35mm
    Looking at the electrical diagram from a website I found it would be an easy fix. I would remove the base and check to see if I have house voltage at the primary of the transformer and then I would check the 12V output at the secondary. If the transformer found to be bad a substitute should not be too difficult to find. In the worst case scenario I would power the whole thing with a stabilized external 12VDC power supply. So definitely it's not a throw away case.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Try these guys. http://www.khbphotografix.com/ they helped me with mine. I had a 220 version without a switch and used a voltage transformer to power up to 220. Worked fine for a while then started blowing bulbs. An expensive habit. They put in the fix and its been fine. They are in Mississauga (outside Toronto) but they could have the parts for you. Wonderful enlarger.
    Shelly

V35 update

I bought a transformer at a lighting store and The enlarger seems to be working fine. Curious, has anybody ever tried a 12volt 100watt bulb with this enlarger. Would need a larger transformer and perhaps generate excvessive heat?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin