Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,331   Online: 856

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    fB+F? I can get blacks, just noticed the time required for diffrerent films since I was doing about 20 contact sheets. The film base response makes sense-should have thought of that. Each film base has its own density. I would like know what that equations is though.... fB+F

Thank you for all the replies!
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    fB+F is just a shorthand way to express "film base plus fog," which is the density of the unexposed film edge. Propper proofing time is unigue for each film/developer/light-source/paper/developer combination and even then, unique for each person. Propper proofing time is the minimum exposure required to produce maximum print density through film base plus fog.

If your film edge is not black, there can't be any black anywhere in the frame.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin