Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,815   Online: 1025

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easels

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Easels

I am thinking of getting an 11x14 borderless easel but am unsure. Are there any disadvantages that other may have experienced, what' your preference and why?

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have the Saunders 11x14 borderless, and for general work, 8x10 and smaller, it is fast and easy. However, the paper isn't held as flat as with a blade easel, so for anything bigger than 8x10 I use a standard blade easel.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find them a pain to use. I never could get it to hold my paper flat enough. If I do borderless 11x14 now, I just wait until the humidity is right and then stop down.

I have a like-new Saunders sitting around if you want to pay the shipping. PM me if you want it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a 20x24 4 blade Saunders easel. The main advantage is flexibility. I can handle any size or shape from postage stamp size up to 20x24. The only disadvantage that I know of is that it won’t do borderless prints, but I have no need for that.

Jerome

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Chuck,

I wish I knew you were looking for one two weeks ago. I picked up a darkroom lot but I discarded an 11x14 borderless easel because I figured that no one would want it. I have one 11x14 2-blade easel left (see classifieds) if you want it.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Chuck,

Borderless easels work well with resin coated paper because it lays very flat. Fiber base paper normally curls. If you are going to use fiber base paper, look for a used 11x14 4 blade easel. They can be had quite inexpensively.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a boaderless esale for RC, as already noted, for fiber I use a vacume easle.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pandino View Post
    I find them a pain to use. I never could get it to hold my paper flat enough. If I do borderless 11x14 now, I just wait until the humidity is right and then stop down.

I have a like-new Saunders sitting around if you want to pay the shipping. PM me if you want it.
    Pandino,

I sent you a PM on this offer. Thanks.
    Chuck

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    Chuck,

I wish I knew you were looking for one two weeks ago. I picked up a darkroom lot but I discarded an 11x14 borderless easel because I figured that no one would want it. I have one 11x14 2-blade easel left (see classifieds) if you want it.

- Randy
    Randy. It looks like Pandino has one that he will give to me if I will pay the shipping on it and I think I'm going to take him up on that offer.

As far as the 2-bladed easels go, thanks again, but when I purchase a bladed easel for 11x14, it is going to be a 4-bladed one. But thanks for the offer anyway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Chuck,

No problem. I prefer a 4-blade also, but I was giving them away so I though I would ask. I think the 4-blades give crisper corners than the 2-blade, especialy in the fixed corner which always seems to have a little blip in it.

- Randy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin