Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,756   Online: 975

Shooter
    35mm

Omega C760 and C760-XL columns...interchangeable?

So after lurking around the forums and learning and starting to put together my own darkroom, it's time for me to ask my First Forum Question!

I've recently purchased a C760 dichro enlarger setup, and I'm wondering if it's possible to simply "swap in" the C760-XL column? I can't find anything on the web that indicates the XL is anything but "taller"...is it?

Thanks for the help on this, as well as on everything I've learned just by reading the forums!

-g.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you just want to use the head on a different column? I think all the C heads fit all the C enlargers. Even fit the older B enlargers with an adapter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    Do you just want to use the head on a different column? I think all the C heads fit all the C enlargers. Even fit the older B enlargers with an adapter.
    Depends on the definition of "head" -- the C760 (to my just-got-it understanding) is basically three parts: the column ("girder" in the manual, basically just a piece of extruded metal), the chassis ("carriage" in the manual...the part that actually moves up and down on the column), and the enlarger head (light source, lens, etc.). I want to change only the column by taking the carriage and head off the 760 column and putting them onto the 760-XL column. Does that make more sense?

-g.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/...inued/C760.htm

Looking at that it seems they sold the column,baseboard and carriage in one package. I guess it's possible that they changed something between the two columns but I'd be suprised.

Let me put it this way I would expect it to work just fine. Now will it?

From memory for the B66 you could do what you want. So I'd expect they didn't change that when they released the newer model.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's very likely that the head/carriage will fit either column. In practice though, it would more likely be less expensive just to obtain a different(XL) enlarger than a replacement column.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Good point...thanks for the info, all!

-g.

Shooter
    35mm
    Dug out my C760 Instruction Manual, it covers standard and XL models (I have the XL). Only reference made in manual sections about unpacking and assembling regarding the two versions is "Your basic package should contain: Girder (Standard or XL Model, as specified on the label)".
    From the Shipping Check List the XL Girder part # is 9-303-2207-02.
    Max Height for Standard 42" ,XL 50"

Regards
    Ed

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin