Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,829   Online: 1150

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Randy, that sounds like a good idea using mat board. That way I can custom make my own for whatever I want to print, including 110 film or whatnot.

Thanks for the tip!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    No problem. It makes filing out a carrier much less troublesome and certainly less expensive too.

- Randy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_h View Post
    Are those cheap because the paper is going by the wayside? I think the colors are slightly different than the Ilford multigrade filters? I see the polymax ones on ebay for a pittance as well
    Variable contrast paper is made by at least six vendors, worldwide, but Kodak stopped b/w paper manufacturing, so it would stand to reason it has discontinued its filter sets.

All variable contrast filter sets work with all variable contrast paper, regardless of brand, but not all brands of filters will give exactly the same contrast with all papers. This is of no consequence in reality.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I started cleaning up my basement tonight (an epic undertaking) and got an eyeball on my enlarger. It is in fact a condenser head enlarger and the quality looks really nice. So I'm definitely going to give it a go. And the above post was also correct in that it has a filter tray, so I could use gels up above the condenser lens, which would be easier for me to keep from damaging.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin