Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,899   Posts: 1,584,382   Online: 801

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format

should be ok

I seem to recall Ilford stating that MGIV won't fog detectibly if you use a standard red safelight provided it's 15 watts, at least 1 metre away,and you expose the paper to the safelight for less than 4 minutes before developing.
    I've used MGIV with a red safelight for over 3 years now,and I've never had any fogging.
    Last edited by eagleowl; 08-28-2007 at 02:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: footnote
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just started printing after about 15 months of film shooting
    I would have waited even longer if it weren't for the paper sitting in the fridge tempting me

So
    I took a 25 watt and spray painted it red and then misted black and red some more
    It's good for at the very least 5 minutes -at about 3 feet away- which is all I've tested it for

The little red filter that came with the enlarger fogs paper easily no matter if under lens/in drawer/with enlarger pushed up to top of column

This is only with Ilford Multi so..

Shooter
    Multi Format

"Safe"safelight

Never assume that you do not have safelight fogging. Always test. I printed for 20 years with out fog, or so I though. 2002 Sexton workshop, John spotted fog in my prints. I tested the correct way and now my prints really sparkle. Just to be safe, when I'm close to the final print, I cut off the safelight and do the print in total darkness.

The proper proceedure is presented in Kodak Publication K-4 Cat 8480733, "How safe is your safelight?"

I can send a copy to any one who wants one by e-mail

Gene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gene,
    I remember you from the "Fine Tuning" workshop a couple of year's ago. Have you ever thought about suscribing to APUG and posting some of your photos so that we can some examples?

Jerry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I put bare-bulb sockets over each of my benches when I built the darkroom (darkroom construction thread), and have red wide-angle LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com in each. No fogging within the time frame I've tested, which is 5 minutes or less with Ilford MGIV RC and FB.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    The Kodak K-4 publication is still available online at the Kodak website:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consu...Safelite.shtml

I have yet to find a quicker or more definitive procedure than what was long ago outlined in this simple publication.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jerry,

Glad to hear from you. I think I remember you.

I've been following John's Advice to Exhibit-Exhibit-exhibit. Worked pretty well, I have two galleries currently selling my work. As to the web, I have started work on a new web site. It will take me a while to get it up. I've been honored locally by being asked to give a lecture series on my work next spring. So I'm working on a new web site to get both jobs done. Last year, I spent a couple of months, reviewing and scanning my total collection. I now have enough material to exhibit for the next 20 years

My goal, finally reached this year, is to have 3 exhibits within a 12 month period. Hope to keep it up. I have gone partically !#% D____l. Purchased a 24inch Pro HP printer in July. Still doing serious image capture with film!

I've started a small group here in Raleigh of master-level photographers. Currently have 7 members. Everyone in the group was juried in by a well know photographer and educator in this area. Turned down about another 15 people. I gave up on the 14 camera clubs currently active in the area. Started my own with HIGH entrance requirements. No shleippers here!

The group has about 215+ years of experience. I have high hopes to move photography in NC to a new level of appreication. We have gotten two exhibits here solely on name reconigition of the members. We have only been in existence for 2 months.

I e-mailed K-4 to a couple of people.

Another project I'm working on is to get gigabitfilm imported into the USA. See www.technicalpan.com. I have tested this film and it is as advertised!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin