Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,440   Posts: 1,597,036   Online: 955

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weststarflyers View Post
    RoBBo, have you try to convert your 4X5 camera into an enlarger? Graflex used to make a Cold Light back with a simple carrier for this cameras and the results were exceptional. I use to use one of those. Of course, my suggestion is more like a worst case scenario.
    Don't have my own 4x5 camera as of yet.
    I know the series of purchases seems odd, but trust me, it was necessary.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Omega D6, it's a butt kicker if you want it ($150), but I'm way up in Canada Fredericton New Brunswick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I picked up my D5500 off of Craigslist (Phoenix). I avoided ebay so I could see the enlarger before purchasing and avoid the outrageous shipping costs that come with 4x5 enlargers. I know it is statistics of low numbers, but I am very happy with my craigslist transaction after being sorely disappointed with many of my ebay transactions on photo gear. Maybe talking to the guy who actually used the enlarger helped compared to the "sell your stuff on ebay" crowd.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you been downtown to Central Camera? Last time I was in there they had several 4x5 enlargers, including with color head, at tempting prices. You could probably talk them down some -- there isn't a very large market for enlargers these days.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I gave up on Graigs list. I saw an enlarger and made the contact and got a commitment. Was getting ready for the trip when I asked for directions they said it had been sold.

The second time was two weeks ago. It was in Santa Rosa and the sell had agreed to sell it and I was actually in San Fransciso when I checked the location and was going there when I got an email in the RV park which had a connection and the guy told me he sold it to someone else.

Either I have run in to some people with other agendas or Craigs list is not worth the effort. So when you see an enlarger for $100.00 with carriers and lens, forget it. Go to that dreaded eBay or ask around instead.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin