Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,669   Online: 957

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I just got the enlarger. It has a 39mm lens plate with an EL-Nikkor 50/4, and a 35mm negative holder.

It's missing one obvious part, though: the top cover for the light bulb housing. But I figured I could hack something together to replace the cover, using tin foil or some such. Any ideas?

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I don't know what the missing part looks like, but you might be able to make a replacement out of a piece of aluminum sheet metal.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've never seen an M700, but if they are anything like the Dursts I've been using, it's basically a flat cover with some holes in it, to let the hot air circulate.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    I've never seen an M700, but if they are anything like the Dursts I've been using, it's basically a flat cover with some holes in it, to let the hot air circulate.
    How doesn't it leak light through the holes?

Here's what the head of my M700 looks like, with the missing cover:

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry for the crappy photo but I hope you get the idea... Mine is an older Durst but in principle they look pretty similar to each other regardless of age. As you can see, there are a few holes in the top, in the upper part of the photo. Light and heat gets out of there, but I have not seen any problems with the light, as long as it doesn't fall onto the easel. Make something with a few small holes to let the heat out and you'll be fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dursttop.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    As you can see, there are a few holes in the top, in the upper part of the photo.
    Not sure I see them. I am guessing that your enlarger also has a mirror compartment in the front, and a light bulb compartment in the back, so we must be talking about the cover of the back compartment. Are the holes that you are taking about round or prolonged?

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry for not answering straight away - I've been on a trip. Yep, the holes are the elongated ones on the left, right and top side in the upper part of the (crappy) photo. See below. And the construction in the lower part is the same as yours with a mirror box and a condensor lens in it. Hope it helps you a bit further along, otherwise get back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dursttop2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an M600, here are some snaps. Mine doesn't have the red locking tab, but otherwise looks similar to yours. My cover has no holes. The ruler is in cm., divide by 2.54 if you are in the US.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails withoutcover.jpg   with cover.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Forgot to include the shot showing the inside of the cover...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cover inside.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Aah, well... I always learn something new around here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin