Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,616   Posts: 1,622,768   Online: 794

Shooter
    Multi Format

Can the Metrolux's non-volatile memories be reset??

So I finished the retrofit to the 504 devere head for a cold light -and have the metrolux hooked up - though I'd screwed up some by getting the polarity of the probe backwards - so I had to resolder it. I only discovered this because I tried to recalibrate the unit but came up with a snake eyes on the illumination value. At any rate. That's all fixed - but now I can't seem to recal the unit. I cannot imagine that they (the mfr) used PROMs (write once read many) instead of EPROMs (eraseable). That wouldn't make any sense. Is there a way to reset the unit to default values?

Images
    Sparky, right you are. Hold down the 'SETUP' button while you turn it on. You will get the little face, then the factory settings. I just tried this on my MetroLux 2. Now, what were the old settings again? Don't forget to write down your cal number.

You will need to use the auto calibration number setup or manually input a number if you prefer. Good luck.

--LG--
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the reply. There are just so many weird quirks to the metrolux. I guess it's just going to take me awhile to learn it... I got the manual from monsieur goldfarb, which was super helpful - but there's still lots of stuff that's not in the manual I'm trying to get a handle on. I'm super impressed with how much functionality the metrolux's have, considering what they COULD have gotten away with.

The two things I'm still trying to wrap my head around are -

1. why am I getting a constant 'beeeeep' whenever the lamp's on SOMETIMES - but other times NOT (just the normal beeping every second)

2. why does the countdown seem to stop in the middle of exposure sometimes - and then continue? Maybe I have a faulty metrolux... but it seems to be giving a constant exposure regardless - so I won't complain about that...! It's just display weirdness I guess.

3. (oops - okay one more thing) - I seem to suddenly be in tenths of a second mode and cannot escape. So - 99.9 gives me 9.99 seconds. My MAX exposure length... I thought there was SOMETHING in the manual about that... but can't seem to find it again..!

Anyway - thanks for the tip!

Images
    Do you have a MetroLux 'one' or II? Second, what is your calibration number? If it is too high, it can corrupt the counting? Check the manual for the range. This could give you the constant beeep or the weird count-down. I cannot account for #3, yet.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin