Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,838   Online: 980

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    oops. I thought the idea may help someone, but I should have mentioned that this rubber eraser job was on a Omega D5; didn't want to leave the impression for the original poster that this is an issue with the LPL.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It is an issue with the LPL.
    I used black duct tape and the lid from a standard size spray paint can. It acted as a hood and directed the light away from the enlarger to a distant darkened wall. I first tried to cover all the light leaks, over heated things and burned out a bulb.

John Powers with a 4550VCCE XL and a Durst 138S coverted to 8x10 cold light

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently bought a 4500, and I'm generally quite pleased with it, and everyone I know who has one really likes them. However, I'm concerned about the fan vibration. I can certainly feel it at the lens stage, especially when head is way up the column. Has anyone noticed the vibration causing any defect in prints?
    Has anyone taken any steps to reduce the vibration?
    As for the light leaks, mine had some electrical tape stuck here and there. I removed it, and made a small gasket at the bottom corner of the lamp cover using some high-temp black RTV which has been effective, and eliminates the goo from the tape adhesive.

Thanks
    Barry

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BBarlow690 View Post
    I like my LPL a lot. I also have a Beseler 45 MX, which now is only a contact printing station for Azo.

I fixed the light leaks with blue masking tape (three layers). I s'pose I could have used duct tape, but didn't want the residue.

I have the 200W bulb and wish I had a little more oomf. If I had it to do over, I'd spend the extra money. The 200W bulb burnt out after 50 hours - right on schedule. Get an extra bulb right away - they're not expensive, but also not readily available and they always blow when you NEED to print.
    KHB Photografix has bulbs at good prices..EC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin