Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,529   Online: 1172

Shooter
    35mm

Help with Enlarger!

Just purchased a "Ahel 12 00 45" and new help setting it up. Anybody got an "English" Manual for this enlarger?

The lady who original owned it packed everything in bubble wrap and I don't have instructions on how to re-assemble it. In particular, the negative carrier and the internal "Magnify" glass.

Thanks!

Glen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Glen !
    The maker, French Ahel is still into business (I wonder if they still make the enlarger) you can contact them here : contact@aheldistribution.com
    and browse their Website here : http://www.ahel.fr/index.php?rubrique=home
    I'm shure they will have a manual with enough pictures for you to understand.
    This enlarger was intended to go up to 4x5". It is a nice piece of equipment, the only drawback is that the column tend to vibrate, so do not shake it during exposure.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks George!

Been to thier website, but can't read french. Was $280 to much for this equipment?

It's gonna be a bummer if I can't get parts locally! Might end up being an expensive archor for my boat....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glen, enlargers aren't very complicated, you should be able to figure it out.

Try this link for a cheap manual Ahel Enlargers

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Whiz View Post
    Thanks George!

Been to thier website, but can't read french. Was $280 to much for this equipment?

It's gonna be a bummer if I can't get parts locally! Might end up being an expensive archor for my boat....
    Try one of web page translations sites. I don't have the info on this computer but you should be able to find these site with Google.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well I'll contact them for you in French.
    Do not place high expectations on this, some French company are not responding to emails...
    But who knows ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks George!

Ian, I kinda figured out the negative carrier; but don't know which glass magnifiers to use inside the enlarger or which order to put them in or the orientation of the glass (ie: dome side up or down). And, please remember, I am new to this enlarger stuff.

Thanks guys!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Glass magnifyers? dome side up or down?
    I know nothing about this enlarger but those lenses sound like condenser elements. If they are they go dome side to dome side between the light and the negative carrier. If you have mutiple pairs of them they are for different negative formats.

Shooter
    Multi Format

ahel enlarger

glen,
    if you are still having grief with your ahel 5/4 enlarger please let me know... i've just bought a 2nd hand one and i'd be happy to photograph the thing to help you assemble or sort any problems.

despite what they say on another.net photo site it really is a brilliant enlarger. it used to be sold in the uk by a well respected large format dealer and this is my second. I've got a durst 1200 sat next to the ahel which has a blown transformer... again!!
    regards

stuart

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin