Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,705   Online: 749

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Andre Laradoe at DMax in Toronto and I both use the 250w without heat absorbing glass.
    Between us we have made thousands of prints with the 250w on the D5's, just go through more bulbs. The speed is worth it.
    10 Percent burn or dodge is exactly the same if you are using 10secs as main or 25secs as main.
    I use the apeture closed down to 2stop or 3stops and find my printing times are generally around 10-15secs.
    No problem to dodge and burn with this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Assuming you are using a D5, are you use a piece of heat absorbing glass to keep the neg from baking? I know Omega recommends a piece if using a 150w PH212 bulb in the D5. The 250w seems like it would create a lot of heat the enlarger was not designed for.

Personally, I like working with exposures around 20 or 25 seconds...gives me a lot of time to evenly dodge and burn, and allows for finer adjustments of exposure times without worrying about fractions of seconds...while working at the sharpest f/stops of the lens.

Your milage may differ...

Vaughn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The light from many properly set up condenser enlargers is focused on the enlarging lens aperture, and projected onto the paper. Larger film is positioned closer to the condenser lens, smaller film closer to the enlarging lens. Since much the same amount of light reaches the paper, the size of the paper and the enlarging lens aperture control exposure more than the size of the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin