Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,519   Online: 1059

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There's an APO Rodenstock N 150mm on ebay now. $600 start bid//$800 buy now. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2928720821)

Is this worth the signif. cost over say a Componon S or regular Rodenstock? These go for $150/$120 respectfully. I'm leaning towards holding off, but it looks extremely sharp.

Thanks for any opinions,

Chris

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I bought a Rodenstock Omegaron 150mm for less than 150. It looks and works like new. I am not sure how different it is than a Rodagon. I wouldn't necessarily make assumptions though. I bought a relly nice looking Schneider Symmar off e-bay and found it was single coated (I only looked after reading an artical in View Camera Magazine) the serial number was just a little shy of the midyear shift to MC.

BTW I have two Nikkors that I really like. The Rodenstock is EASILY as good though..

Frank
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

I received a Omegaron 50mm with an enlarger I bought. The 50mm is certainly a lower grade then the Rodogan.

150mm lenses can be real cheap. My Rodogan cost about $50. It just takes a little bit of time.

I think the general feeling towards the APO lenses is everything else in your system must be perfect first. No use spending the money if your enlarger isn't 100% aligned. If you aren't using a glass carrier. Etc. It's not that they aren't better lenses. They most certainly are but if you have other problems in your setup you might not notice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aggie @ May 14 2003, 09:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I purchased a used comparon (schneider) f4.5 last fall.&nbsp; What I would like to know is it any good.&nbsp; I have no knowledge of lenses for enlargers other than what is good for what film size.</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    What focal length? If it is the 105mm, I have one in the turret of my Omega D5500. The thing is a *gem* for smaller enlargements (optimized at 3X). I use mine on both 35mm and 2 1/4 film.

I rescued mine from the top of a pile in a dumpster moving down the aisle in one of the places I worked.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Aggie, I&#39;ve read alot of posts, apparantly even a 135mm will give slight light falloff at the corners on 4x5 enlargements. So I&#39;m looking for a 150mm. Also I thought a Componon S is a better lens than a Comparon?? They sell for alot less on ebay.

And Thanks for the suggestions on a lens too guys&#33; I&#39;d like to believe I have a &#39;perfect&#39; setup lol, but prob. don&#39;t. So I&#39;m holding off on that APO lens.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chrisl @ May 14 2003, 11:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Also I thought a Componon S is a better lens than a Comparon??</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Chris,
    the Comparon is a long discontinued 4-element design. It was optimized for a 4x mag-ratio. The Componon-S will perform better on a larger mag-ratio range.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I haven&#39;t tried my 4x5-setup yet, having too much fun with 5x7 I guess. But a 135mm on 4x5 should be equivalent to 180mm on 5x7 - and I haven&#39;t noticed any light falloff with that combination. Mine&#39;s a Rodagon...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Specs of both Schneider and Rodenstock do specify that a 135mm el-lens covers 9x12cm (the european conterpart to 4x5"). Although their specs are usually conservative, they do not leave you much tolerances in practice. So you may find it difficult to exactly center a 4x5 in your 5x7 carrier.

Light fall-off might is not necessarily a bad thing. You may even use it consciously to compensate light fall-off of a super wide camera lens.

BTW: the 180mm lenses officially do cover 13x18cm (which equals 5x7" quite exactly) - so it&#39;s not really the same situation here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin