Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,521   Online: 1038

The Pola Painting technique uses the SX-70 .....? This technique could be interesting. Scott Smith www.lightingmagic.com explains!

Im trying to determine which technique I want to begin with.

1. What is the difference between the Pola Painting Technique and Polaroid Transfers?

2. What are the step in Pola Painting?

3. Transfers were coverd very well in an earlier post.

Thanks again for the great input!
    Chazz

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am not 100% sure, but I think what you are asking about is the pratice of moving the emulsion around on a piece of sx-70 film before the emulsion has set. You could use a variety of tools, homemade or otherwise and just scratch around (for the want of a better word). It's fun, but as all "simple"things is harder than one can image to create wonderful one of a kind images.
    After taking the picture, just take a sharp tool and play with the emulsion. It is as simple as that. Be sure the tool is not too sharp as the scratch all the way to the base, unless that is the effect you are looking for. This is like playing in the sandbox, nothing is really wrong with whatever you decide.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin