Switch to English Language Passer en langue franēaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,025   Online: 825

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Heiland SPL-COMF

In the Monochrom catalog I found this item, the Heiland SPL-COMF Comfortbox http://monochrom.com/cc/monoc/shop/r...rtnum=00021995
    , which seems to replace the normal light bulb in the enlarger. I can't find much other information on it. Does anyone has experience with it?

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Heiland Spl-Comf

If you Google 'Heiland Electronic" you should find this item described under their product list.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What you're refering to (Monochrome) is the new cold light source (high bright LED).

The Comfort Module is an extra to connect to the existing Heiland Split Grade (TM) console to have faster access to the menus and have a visible indication for the zones.

http://www.heilandelectronic.de/

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Additional info of the LED light source:

http://www.schwarzweiss-magazin.de/s...me_aktuell.htm

December 2006.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Berkhout View Post
    If you Google 'Heiland Electronic" you should find this item described under their product list.
    I looked at their website before I wrote my E-mail, but the information is very minimal (unless I looked at the wrong place). This is what I found:

* Description (for enlargers and cold light heads): Splitgrade® Comfort Control Interface
    * Delivery content / Remarks: Could be attached to all existing Splitgrade® controllers

For me the description implies that it is something to be used in combination with a cold light heads but the info on Monochrom suggests that it is the cold head.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the download section you can find the description and the whole manuals of mentioned instruments.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    In the download section you can find the description and the whole manuals of mentioned instruments.
    Thank you for your quick response, but I am still puzzled. The Monochrom website shows a cold light head (Splitgrade-Kaltlicht-Kopf) and calls it "SPL-COMF Comfortbox". The Heiland website shows a control interface and says it is a control interface that is to be used in combination with the splitgrade module and also calls it "SPL-COMF Comfortbox". It doesn't give any suggestion that it is a cold light head itself. Also on your website (Heiland darkroom equipment) mentions a "Coldlight source split grade also deliverable". Is this coldlight source the same as shown on the Monochrom website. Could it be that the description on the Monochrom website (SPL-COMF Comfortbox) is not correct? Is the coldlight source you mention the same as e.g. the "SPL-CL1" that Heiland mentions on it's website? A lot of questions, sorry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, you got it.

A complete Split Grade unit is the console + filter unit.
    Additional you can have the comfort module with it.

Instead of the filter unit (or a rebuild enlarger head for some enlarger systems) you can buy a cold light source now.

This latest development with high bright LEDs have a long lifetime and build in are also the RED LEDs for replacing your red filter on your enlarger. When doing the split grade exposure the system will show you just before the red image so that you can also do burn & dodgeing in split grade on the right place you want it. Very sofisticated and a very nice system. You will get the best out of the MG paper and negative. All sensiometric parameters of the different MG papers are pre-programmed in their system. In one measurement you will have the right exposure time and gradation which is effectively exposed as magenta and yellow (or vice versa, software selectable) filtered light on the MG photo paper.

Hope to be helpfull with you.

Robert

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    Yes, you got it.

A complete Split Grade unit is the console + filter unit.
    Additional you can have the comfort module with it.

Instead of the filter unit (or a rebuild enlarger head for some enlarger systems) you can buy a cold light source now.

This latest development with high bright LEDs have a long lifetime and build in are also the RED LEDs for replacing your red filter on your enlarger. When doing the split grade exposure the system will show you just before the red image so that you can also do burn & dodgeing in split grade on the right place you want it. Very sofisticated and a very nice system. You will get the best out of the MG paper and negative. All sensiometric parameters of the different MG papers are pre-programmed in their system. In one measurement you will have the right exposure time and gradation which is effectively exposed as magenta and yellow (or vice versa, software selectable) filtered light on the MG photo paper.

Hope to be helpfull with you.

Robert
    You are great. Finally, my cerebral LEDs start glowing. I am using a Durst M70 condensor enlarger (I don't have a halogen lamp unit). So I would probably need an SPL-CL2, since the SPL-D4 assumes that you have the halogen lamp unit already in place.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So far the Split Grade system could be only used with diffuse enlarging systems, indeed equipped with a HLX lamp.

Precise information of the new cold light sources with LEDs I even do not have from Heiland. I only know he's building them on request in very small series for 35mm, 6x9cm and 4x5" and even larger, enlarging systems since a few months.
    Existing customers have always the possibility to upgrade their system with the cold light source unit only.

The additional Comfort module gets the power and communication via the RS232 cable which is suplied already with the Console and normally only used to retrieve the new software version (actual V2,4) from the computer to the Heiland Console.
    A new version is expected soon (V2,5) hopefully now with some pre-programmed Foma papers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin